Monday 31 May 2010

Tiredness Pervades

Minimal amounts of sleep the last 48 hours mean I had trouble keeping my eyes open to mix today's piece. Recorded it in half an hour tho, so I have 30 mins left and will get onto it tomorrow sharp to put the inaugural improvised production up on this page. I'm also hoping to fit in a second piece tomorrow too, but we'll see how the day goes. Today's piece was inspired by the drooping of eyelids and the total collapse of my short term memory; I want to add some kick drum from bar 6....hang on, which bar is the kick drum coming in at again? Yup, that's how the whole piece went down. I was amazed to find I managed to create around a minute and a half of music (however spaced out and psychy) given the state I was in. I'd never advocate working like that on a serious project, but the aim of this one is to work with my back against the wall, so I soldiered on with it anyway.

It's off to sleep I go. Update soon, so fix up.

No comments:

Post a Comment